Here you will find useful resources for musicians, listeners and teachers,
as well as links to other musicians' web pages. It is our hope that you
will find something of benefit here. We encourage the sharing of links and
hope you will direct friends here as well.
- Taylor Guitars Simply some of the finest guitars available anywhere.
- The Old Rittenhouse Inn A magnificent restored victorian Bed and Breakfast in Bayfield, WI. Tom Draughon is a frequent performer at their Wassail Dinners concert series each December. His guitar rendition of "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear" is featured on their Old Rittenhouse Chamber Singers Live In Concert Christmas CD.
- Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua A beautiful performance venue on a ski mountain overlooking Lake Superior. Featuring fine regional entertainers as well as national touring acts such as Willie Nelson and Bela Fleck.
- Don Pedi Don is quite possibly the world's finest mountain dulcimer player. He is also a wonderful visual artist (he designed the "Kids On the Mountain" CD cover) and a Tai Chi master.
- White Oak Society Lots of living history, a great rendezvous, and a great resource.
- Area Dance Links Find information on folk and square dances in WI, MN, and MI.
- Joining The Circle Dance Camp 3 day family folk dance workshop in early June.
- Willowgreen Captivating Celtic music from Duluth
- The Original Red Clay Ramblers One of the finest Old Time Bands ever.
- A Prairie Home Companion Great live radio featuring Garrison Keillor and great acoustic musicians. Produced by Minnesota Public Radio
- Cedar Cultural Center One of the premier venues for folk musicians in the US
- Simply Folk Tom Martin-Erickson hosts hours of great folk recordings on Wisconsin Public Radio
- Randy Sabien Jaw dropping jazz & blues violinist / fiddler. Go see him!
- Augusta Heritage Festival and Workshops Celebration of American folk heritage and culture. Learn folk music styles form acknowledged and acclaimed artists.
- Swannanoa Gathering Weeklong workshops in folk and acoustic music at Warren Wilson College in Swannanoa, NC.
- Jim Taylor Jim is a great hammered dulcimer player also with some superb recordings. He also makes some of the sweetest sounding hammered dulcimers you'll ever hear or play.
- Timmy Abell Great musician and storyteller and a wonderful guy. Super kids' recordings!
- Bob Bovee and Gail Heil True old time music played with rare sincerity and honesty.
- MBOTMA Minnesota Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association. The name speaks for itself.
- Mountain Stage Live folk radio from West Virginia with host Larry Groce.
- The Thistle and Shamrock New and old Celtic music from around the world with host Fiona Ritchie.
- Good Tickets Authority An online source for event tickets of all types.
- Chance Spellbinding duo featuring Ed Willett's virtuoso guitar and cello, Cheryl Leah's crystal clear voice, and thought provoking original songs.
- Floydian Slip Tres cool jam band from Lake Superior's South Shore.
- Greg Hodapp Excellent Celtic and Appalachian folk on a variety of instruments.
- More to come soon.